Skip to main content

THE JOURNEY...Part1.


“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ~E.E. Cummings

At twenty-five I was happily married and had a great career, many friends, and lots of money. During that time I also became deeply depressed, was put on medication for anxiety, and entered what would be a very long relationship with psychotherapy.

It was a real struggle for me to understand why I wasn’t happy when I had everything that I thought was important in life. Was I selfish? Were my expectations too high? I honestly couldn’t understand what was missing and how to fill this huge void that gnawed at me every day.

When I look back at my life, twenty years later, I realize that I really had no idea who I was or what made me happy. I kept expecting something or someone to answer this question for me.

The journey to find out who I was and what really mattered to me eventually involved divorce, the loss of my career and most of my possessions, and overcoming a serious illness.

It pretty much took the loss of everything I thought defined me and made me happy to admit to myself that I honestly didn’t know myself very well at all.

Who am I? What do I believe in? What is my purpose? What fills me with joy and wonder? These are questions that I am just beginning to understand after forty-five years of living my life, and I have to admit that getting there has been extremely difficult.

The hardest part for me was just knowing where to begin. After much therapy, meditation, self-reflection, and reading, I asked myself five big questions that served as a launch pad to begin my journey of self-discovery.

If you are ready to begin the process of truly understanding who you are meant to be, start here:

1. What or who would you be if you knew you couldn’t fail?

The risk of failure terrifies most people. How many times have you wanted to change jobs or careers, move to a new city, promote a cause that is important you, or become an expert in a certain area? Think about it. No risk of failure.
If you were 100 percent certain that you could be or do anything you wanted and not fail, do you know the answer? to be continued tomorrow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE TRUE YOU

ITS TIME YOU KNOW THE TRUTH... MIKE UGEDI Who am I? - THE ANSWER …you are a god made from God...THE BIBLE You are a spirit being, created from God your father, that has a spirit,soul, living in a body and given a name by your earthly parent. e.g Thank God Ugedi You are a Son, a god, not an ordinary human, because you are made from God the almighty. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. (  Ps 82vs6 ) In genesis 1vs 26: God said lets Us (father, Son and Holy Spirit) make man in  our image, after our likeness and let them have complete authority over all of the earth Your name and body are not the real you, you are inside this body you carry around, people can't see you physically, you need a body because you are on earth for a purpose after which you will .....TO BE CONTINUED NEXT WEEK But before i leave, i have a very important question to ask you... . Imagine you will win a 1000 dollars if you get the correct answer to the questi

Financial Success 8.

  Dear reader, Do you know why you are working as hard as you are? What that driving reason is behind everything you do? We call that reason your personal mission. A personal mission is something big and exciting that gives higher meaning and purpose to your life. You may have a noble cause for doing what you do or you may have a completely selfish reason, but being able to identify your "why" is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. If you look back at all the most influential people through history and study their actions, you should be able to easily identify their personal missions. For example, Oprah Winfrey’s mission is: “to be a teacher and to be known for inspiring her students to be more than they thought they could be.” This statement has led her to become a media mogul who has helped millions of people through her philanthropic efforts as well as educate the world by producing her own television network. Mother Teresa’s mission

Your MISSION...Prt 2

There is one secret that is critical if you want to move from an ordinary level of success to an exponential level of success. It is one indispensable quality in the lives of all highly successful people on earth today. This quality is so essential that even God emphasized its necessity to all that desire to do His will in life.  But as important as it is, it remains a secret because not many people have mastered the art of using it to their advantage and this is  why many have not attained success while some have not been able to improve on their present level of success. Perhaps you are wondering what that secret is: it is observation! Friends, if you want to succeed greater, faster and better, then observation is the key. All great men are keen observers. Success will not be difficult if only you will learn to observe. Observant people pick lessons every where they go and from  whoever they come close to. Observation will help you to learn faster and grow wiser. You must